It is recommended to scrub your tongue in the morning or on an empty stomach. Follow this technique to get a healthy and toxin-free lifestyle:
- Extend your tongue as far out as possible.
- Place the curved edge of Arista Copper Tongue Cleaner at the back of your tongue.
- Scrape forward, applying gentle pressure as your pull the cleaner to the front of your mouth.
- Repeat till all the residue is removed.
- Wash your Arista Copper Tongue Cleaner with warm water and dry it completely.
Because copper is an alloy, it will change colour when exposed to other elements.
This is known as patina, a thin coating that forms naturally in a process known as
If the copper has been exposed to air, it will form a dark patina. If exposed to
water, it will form a greenish-blue patina, known as verdigris. This discolouration is
perfectly natural and does not impact the efficacy of the product nor the copper's
However, if you wish to keep your tongue scraper looking as good as new, a few
simple steps may be taken to return it to its original colour:
• Place 1 tablespoon of salt in 1 cup of white vinegar.
• Make a paste by adding flour. Mix together well.
• Apply the paste to the tarnished areas.
• Leave for 15 to 30 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water and polish.
If salt and vinegar aren’t readily available, a combination of lemon juice and
baking soda is also effective.