The deDANU Jade Gua Sha Massage tool was born from a treatment traditionally used in East Asian and Chinese medicine. Some might be familiar with the Gua Sha massage, which treats muscle pain and tight muscles by applying pressure with the Gua Sha tool. Recently, skincare lovers have discovered Gua Shas for battling fine lines, inflammation and tension.
Each piece is hand-carved from natural materials and is therefore entirely unique.
- Forehead: Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline
- Cheeks: Smooth in an outwards motion starting from the nose to the ear.
- Jawline: Use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- Eye area: gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Only apply light pressure.
- Tense Muscles: Use one of our salves to warm and prepare the muscle. Gently massage the muscle using the stone.
- Stiff Neck: Too long in front of the computer? Try some of our peppermint oils with some gentle massaging strokes using this tool.
Jade has always been valued for its beauty, but also for its legendary meanings, spiritual attributes and healing powers too. Green Jade in particular is said to have calming properties, able to balance the nerves, alleviate shock and allow its wearer to restore natural heart rhythm in times of stress.