Cacao nibs, are simply Cacao beans that have been lightly crushed, and nothing more. They have a bitter taste, and so are better eaten with something sweet, in raw chocolates, desserts, cakes, breakfast cereal, salads etc. They are wonderful alongside Goji Berries.
Raw Cacao is rich in :
• Endorphin promoting nutrients such as anandamide and tryptophan which help us to feel good and stay connected.
• Sulfur ("the beauty mineral")
• Antioxidants (On ORAC the scale of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, raw cocoa has the highest concentration of antioxidants on the planet!)
• Chromium, which helps to regulate blood sugar, and keeps hunger under control.
Our cacao is raw, never reaching temperatures above 40 º C, its dark colour and astringent, rich taste is a sign of its purity and quality.
Cacao nibs can be used alongside Iswari Cacao powder or mixed with seeds and nuts.
Cacao seems to contain more magnesium than any other food. Magnesium is a hugely important mineral with many bodily functions including;
• Increasing the general vigour of the heart muscle and reducing blood clotting, which reduces blood pressure and helps the heart pump blood more efficiently;
• Managing the chemistry of the brain and improving neurological efficiency;
• Helping create stronger bowel movements;
• Reducing menstrual cramps;
• Relaxing muscles, increasing flexibility;
• Helping the absorption of calcium to build strong bones.
We ship using An Post Express deliveries, please order before 2.30pm Monday-Thursday. Please note that we cannot guarantee that 'An post Express Post' will arrive next day, or at weekends or bank holidays. Shipping details are here