Bifidobacteria & fibre is a natural food supplement containing carefully selected Probiotics and fibres. Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12® has seen extensive scientific and clinical research and is scientifically proven to survive stomach acidity and biliary salts to reach the gut alive. The addition of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), makes this product naturally high in fibre. FOS is also known as a prebiotic and helps boost the body's natural bacteria aswell as being roughage in the bowels.
OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' can be taken once a day for ongoing maintenance; or as and when desired, in which case we recommend taking up to 4 sachets a day.
It may be especially suitable for those with constipation.
Can be taken long term and is suitable from ages 1 year and up.
Suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Take 1 sachet initially and up to 4 sachets per day if required, with plenty of water.
- Adults and children (one year and over): Take one sachet daily with food, preferably with breakfast when stomach acidity is at its most neutral.
- For ongoing use: one sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired, or as professionally instructed.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon as this may cause the sachet contents to clump. Drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Fructooligosaccharides (FOS); Standardised culture (Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, fructose); Anticaking agent: silicon dioxide.
Each sachet guarantees 5 billion micro-organisms + 4g FOS fibres.
Free delivery in Ireland for orders over €30. We ship using An Post. Please note that we cannot guarantee that 'An post Express Post' will arrive next day, or at weekends or bank holidays. Shipping details are here
Please note: If you select standard post, your shipment CANNOT be tracked. For tracking select An Post Express Post.
FREE Irish delivery on orders over €30