This supplement contains a combination of three strains of friendly bacteria that target different areas of the gut, with the addition of FOS, making this product naturally high in fibre. Suitable from birth onwards, these probiotics can help balance the good bacteria in the good and aid in digestion and immunity. Particularly suited for babies and children on antibiotics, those with digestive issues or skin problems such as eczema.
• Fructooligosaccharides (FOS); Filler: potato starch • Live cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33, Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
Each sachet guarantees 3 billion micro-organisms + 0.75g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian diets.
Food supplement suitable for infants (from birth), children and adults with the following recommendations:
- Can easily be mixed with your child's favourite foods or drinks.
- Can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
- Kids 4 - 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For babies & children' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Free delivery in Ireland for orders over €30. We ship using An Post. Please note that we cannot guarantee that 'An post Express Post' will arrive next day, or at weekends or bank holidays. Shipping details are here
Please note: If you select standard post, your shipment CANNOT be tracked. For tracking select An Post Express Post.
FREE Irish delivery on orders over €30