Recommended by an ever-increasing number of specialist physicians, nasal wash is a practice that involves pouring a hydro-saline solution into the nose, allowing the liquid to flow into one nostril and then letting it pour out from the other.
Many studies have shown that nasal irrigation if performed on a daily basis, makes it easier to cleanse the mucosa, since it helps to eliminate excess mucus, pollen, crusts and substances accumulated throughout the day, which can compromise normal respiratory health.
In addition, thanks to their ability to expel impurities and keep the mucosa cleansed and moisturised, nasal washes are a complementary treatment to relieve the symptoms of diseases of the upper respiratory tract, accelerating healing and facilitating the recovery of the normal functions of the mucosa.
Otosan research has combined this ancient technique with the most modern practical needs, creating Otosan Nasal Wash, a nasal wash system that is easy and quick to use.
This kit comes with 30 pre-measured sachets and an irrigation bottle, specifically designed to ensure adequate flow pressure, Otosan Nasal Wash is ideal for the daily hygiene of the mucous membranes of the nose and as an adjuvant for the treatment of allergies, colds and sinusitis.
It is useful for:
- Nasal congestion
- Cold or allergic rhinitis
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Hypertrophic rhinitis during pregnancy
- Snoring at night
- Surgery (before and after)
- Daily cleansing of the nasal cavities
Replacement sachets available.
CE medical device – Carefully read the enclosed instructions for use.
- Fill the bottle up to the line indicating the 240 ml level as per the instructions.
- Dissolve one or two sachets: isotonic or hypertonic solution (One sachet to obtain an isotonic solution with a well-balanced tone for the nose; two sachets for a hypertonic solution)*.
- Shake the bottle until the solution is completely dissolved in water.
- Tip your head forward slightly, bending towards the sink, and hold the bottle upright.
- Insert the end of the bottle into one nostril while breathing with your mouth open.
- Gently press on the base of the bottle. Allow the solution to pour into the nose, coming out of the opposite nostril. While cleansing, breathe with your mouth open. After irrigation, wait a while with your head bent forward.
- Repeat the same operation in the other nostril.
- Blow your nose gently.
After each use, fill the bottle with water and a few drops of liquid soap, then shake vigorously for effective cleansing.
When finished, rinse and dry thoroughly.
We recommend replacing the bottle once every 3 months.
Children aged six or older may use Otosan Nasal Wash with the aid and under the supervision of an adult.
* When should two sachets be used? In cases of severe nasal congestion, chronic sinusitis and after having surgery.
Otosan Nasal Wash contains 30 sachets of saline solution enriched with sodium bicarbonate and hyaluronic acid (International PATENT pending).
The saline solution with 1.1% concentration passes through the nasal cavities and allows thorough rinsing of the cavity, helping to disintegrate the bacterial biofilm.
Sodium bicarbonate balances the pH of the saline solution between 7 and 9, stimulating mucociliary clearance.
Hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide with emollient, moisturising and protective properties.
Free delivery in Ireland for orders over €40. We now ship using DPD Couriers. If you prefer delivery with An Post please contact us.
We are unable to ship liquids outside Ireland.
We cannot guarantee delivery times.
We are doing our very best and very much appreciate your patience and continued support.
Shipping details are here
FREE Irish delivery on orders over €40
WE CANNOT SHIP LIQUIDS OUTSIDE IRELAND